Emotional and physical benefits of massage:
- improves flexibility and range of motions
- encourages post-operative recovery
- promotes faster rehabilitation after injury
- increases immune function
- induces a feeling of physical, mental, and emotional well being
- generates confidence
- satisfies the need for caring and nourishing touch
- increases awareness of mind body connection
- reduces sense of isolation
Some conditions that benefit from massage:
- high blood pressure
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- back pain
- sport related injuries
More people are turning to therapeutic and relaxation massage to relieve tensions associated with the stresses of busy lives, work imbalance, daily routine, or even dull whether. To maintain good health, mental and physical state of body it is necessary to receive therapeutic massage and/or energy work on a regular basis.
Becoming Massage Therapist in London allows an individual to have a flexible schedule and a fantastic earning potential. Being a massage or spa therapist can be very lucrative, people are always happy to nurture their wellbeing; there is always a demand for good massage therapists in London UK... Read more
- Olive oil contains high level of essential fatty acids, alpha linolenic acid, antioxidants, vitamine A, E and when applied externally calms the sore and inflamed skin. Olive oil can be used as a remedy for arthritis when rubbed onto the effected parts regularly.
Olive oil massage improves blood circulation and hydrates, moisturizes and smoothen skin, helps in reducing stretch marks, slows down skin aging by maintaining skin elasticity and firmness.
- Lavender essential oil - has a calming aroma which makes it an excellent nerve tonic. It aids in treating migraines, headaches, anxiety, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress. A regular massage with Lavender essential oil provides relief from pain.
- Sweet almond oil is one of the most used carrier oils in aromatherapy massage, and this is understandable as it has fine texture which helps to leave the skin soft and satiny smooth yet it is non-greasy. Almond oil is lubricating but not penetrating oil, which makes it excellent protect and highly used in massage therapy.Sweet almond oil is widely used in cosmetics and body products for its rich properties such as Vitamin A, B1, B6, D, linoleic acid and minerals. Sweet almond oil is especially suited for dry, sensitive and irritated skin. It is softening, nourishing and revitalising to the skin.
- Sweet Orange Essential oil - is fantastic for so many reasons. It has a lovely sweet smell and warm happy feelings. It is calming for the digestive system when used in aromatherapy and can help with colds, flu and when added to a massage carrier oil is great for the skin.
Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) is used to gently work and stimulate the lymphatic system, to assist in reduction of localized swelling. The lymphatic system is a network of slow moving vessels in the body that is responsible for removal of cellular waste and toxic microbes from the body. Manual lymph drainage uses a specific amount of pressure (less than 9 ounces per square inch) and rhythmic circular movements to stimulate lymph flow
Anti-cellulite Massage - Anti-Cellulite massage is a natural, effective, and pleasurable way to to aid the breakdown of cellulite and the removal of toxic fluid in the skin's tissues. The best way to reduce cellulite it is to avoid junk food, stay active and healthy, and have regular anti-cellulite massage therapy sessions. Anti-Cellulite massage soothes away the lumps without using expensive surgeries or unnatural methods. Massage can improve circulation and blood flow to troubled areas, therefore preventing the formation of cellulite
Energy work - techniques of energy work balance and strengthen the energy of the body, including physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual imbalances. Cleanses the body of its congested energy reserves and reinforces the energy, recharges weak areas once again. Energy work help us to free ourselves from our past problems, gain a new outlook on life, especially during stressful times.
Reiki - a Japanese energy work developed by Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has been adapted by various teachers and varying traditions. Reiki is based on the universal life energy and feeds it to wherever the body needs. Used by Therapists in addition to their therapeutic massage treatments, Reiki uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a for of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional bodies. Reiki empowers the body to heal itself.
For those who have already discovered it, massage is a great way to feel better, look better, treat people better and treat you better, too. One of the best things about massage is that you don't need a lot of fancy expensive equipment to get or give one. Touch is a simple mean of communication, comfort and something what we all do quite naturally.
Massage isn't capable of curing any serious or life-threatening medical disorders - but it can provide welcome relief from the symptoms of anxiety, tension, depression, insomnia, stress, as well as back headache and muscle pain.
The comfort, warmth and reassurance of touch can improve the body's wellbeing by stimulating its own natural healing abilities giving a sense of wellbeing, restoring both - the physical and psychological self.
Long-term stress inhibits the balancing process by denying the body the opportunity and interrupting the cycle. Massage offers the ultimate solution to these damaging effects of accumulated stress and aid in harmonizing a troubled body and mind. Chronic long-term stress, often self-imposed by modern work pressures, economic and social aspirations coupled with environmental stress of urban living maintain imbalance with all its attendant problems.
In a neutral environment our bodies are well equipped to deal with short - term stress situations and the imbalances they create. Balance is restored to the systems of the body in a repeating cycle of physiological move and counter move.
Regular massage strengthens and tones the entire body system. It can stimulate or alternately calm the nervous system, help to ease tension, stiffness and pain leaving the recipient with an enhanced sense of wellbeing.
Remember prevention is better than cure. Once you show signs of improvement we will continue to work with you to keep harmony and balance already achieved. A regular treatment, depending on your timetable, will stop future stress accumulating.
We encourage you to have regular treatments to prevent illness and maintain a state of wellbeing. Mobile Massage London by MassagesMeUK is here to help!
Originated in India over 1000 years ago and began as a way of keeping the hair in good condition. It is based on the ancient healing system of Ayurveda. This revitalising massage of head, upper back and arms, shoulders, neck, ears, and face is ideal for those who suffer from headaches, migraines, sinus problem, stress, anxiety. This technique has a strong effect on three higher chakras - the mind, body and spirit.
Reflexology - it is a branch of massage that focuses solely on the hands and feet. Reflexology uses specifically targeted points on the extremities to affect organs in torso which enhances health and vitality. Read about Reflexology Massage...
Lomi Lomi Massage - LomiLomi massage technique was earlier practiced by ancient Polynesian healers and it was considered to be very powerful therapy.
Read more about Lomi Lomi Massage...
Shiatsu/Acupressure- A deep, finger-pressure technique using the traditional acupuncture points of Asian healing. Works to unblock energy flows and restore balance to meridians and organs. Read more about Shiats Massage...
- Tea tree oil - it helps promote healing to damaged skin while supporting healthy functioning of the respiratory system. Another benefit is that it has a pleasant aroma and opens the sinuses and bronchial tubes for easier breathing, which results in deeper relaxation.
- Eucalyptus essential oil - helps to clear the mind and focus concentration, while reducing swelling in the mucus membranes. It is very valuable in fighting respiratory problems, fighting inflammation and sore muscles, rheumatism, headaches and nervous exhaustion, while boosting wound and ulcer healing and soothing skin eruptions.
Swedish Massage - the most common of massages, relaxes the entire body by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the hearth. It is exceptional for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxin, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension. Read more about Swedish Massage...
Deep tissue/Sport massage - similar to Swedish but is used to target knots and release chronic muscle tension. Other benefits include reducing inflammation and helping to eliminate scar tissue. This is great for rehabilitation after injuries for chronic issues or keeping in shape. Read more about Deep Tissue and Sport Massage...
Thai massage- this type of massage is performed on a floor mat. The technique of passive stretching and gentle pressure with hands and feet is both relaxing and energising. This massage helps to adjust the skeletal structure, relieve muscular and joint tension, increase flexibility, stimulate the internal organs and balance the body's energy system. Read more about Thai Massage...
Hot Stone - features the placement of smooth, water-heated stones at key points on the body to allow for deeper relaxation of the muscles. The hot stones therapy melts away tension, eases muscle stiffness, and increases circulation and metabolism, provides relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic conditions, increases flexibility in joints aiding in easier mobility and movement. Read more about Hot Stones Massage Therapy...